SOULY HIS

Souly His is where my heart is. It is about me, and my journey to discover where He wants me to be. Here I will share devotions that touch me, ideas that inspire me, studies that enlighten me, and everything else between here and there...where ever there is. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.



Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"You complete me."

Ever wonder why opposites attract?

Many remember the now famous line from the movie Jerry Mcguire, when Tom Cruise lovingly says to Renée Zellweger, "You complete me." A famous line from a movie yes, but have you considered that it might also be biblical? In Genesis 2:18 God states "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."

In the Bible God is frequently described as the “helper,” the one who does for us what we cannot do for ourselves, the one who meets our needs. A "helper suitable for him", it doesn't say one just like him, but instead suitable for him. One who completes him. One who will prepare the meal that he has hunted.

I don't know about you, but I would much rather let him go out and do the hunting and killing, while I stay in and sweep the cave!

Isn't it wonderful that God thought of all that when he created the first married couple?

So I challenge you to stop fighting your differences, and instead embrace them, having an attitude of gratefulness for the one God has provided to complete you.



No comments:

Post a Comment