SOULY HIS

Souly His is where my heart is. It is about me, and my journey to discover where He wants me to be. Here I will share devotions that touch me, ideas that inspire me, studies that enlighten me, and everything else between here and there...where ever there is. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things that make me go hmmm...?

So as I do my (almost) daily Bible reading (I try to do daily, but haven't accomplished that, yet. Discipline, I know), I have been coming across things that I never noticed before. Obviously they've always been there, but apparently I've skimmed over and missed them. I've decided to start leaving these little things that make me go hmmm...? for a couple of reasons. One, for input. Feel free to leave some. Another reason is to have a place to come back to as I go deeper and deeper in my journey. Perhaps one day I myself will have more to add to these things.

So, to start with, here are the most recent things that I've pondered as I make my way through Acts:

  • In Chapter 8 after Philip preached to, and baptized the eunuch, v39 says "Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more"... and then it goes on in v40 to say "But Philip was found at Azotus." Wow, really? Philip was beamed to Azotus?
  • In Chapter 16 Luke goes from 3rd person to 1st person right after Paul had the vision of the Macedonian man asking him to come and help (v 10-v 17). Apparently Luke joined Paul, Silas and Timothy at his point. I find it interesting that Luke is in and out of the story, yet to my knowledge he is never mentioned by anyone in all of the new testament.
So there you have it. My ponderings of the day...
Feel free to join in :)



No comments:

Post a Comment