SOULY HIS

Souly His is where my heart is. It is about me, and my journey to discover where He wants me to be. Here I will share devotions that touch me, ideas that inspire me, studies that enlighten me, and everything else between here and there...where ever there is. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Excuses

“He said to him, ‘Do you wish to get well?” ~ John 5:7b (nasb)

I’m sure the man who had been lying, unable to walk, for years, didn’t give much thought to the actual question. Of course he wanted to get well! But he couldn’t get into the pool fast enough to be first and be the one to receive the healing. So, instead of answering “Of course!” he explained why he wasn’t well. Ever find yourself doing that? Making excuses. Yes, Lord I want to know you more, but what with my schedule and all, I just can’t seem to fit another thing (insert bible reading, prayer, teaching, helping others, etc.) into my schedule! Or, Lord, I know I haven’t acted very Christian like over this (whatever your “this” is), but did you see what the other person has done to me? Or, Jesus, I want my marriage to work, and yes I said “until death do us part” but he/she isn’t satisfying my needs, or won’t treat me the way I deserve to be treated.

Excuses, we all make them. Do we want to be well? Sure we do, but…

Let’s stop the excuses and start answering “Of course!” to Gods invitation to draw closer to Him. I’m sure that, as the man who couldn’t leave his pallet before meeting Jesus was amazed, we will be as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment