SOULY HIS

Souly His is where my heart is. It is about me, and my journey to discover where He wants me to be. Here I will share devotions that touch me, ideas that inspire me, studies that enlighten me, and everything else between here and there...where ever there is. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.



Friday, August 12, 2011

A Compass in My Heart

My sister in Christ, Christie Magera and her husband George run an amazing ministry in the Bombo village of Uganda. Ekubo "The Way" Ministries. We found each other on FaceBook and neither one of us understands how it happened. But it did. And through her and her work, I have daily reminders regarding the needs of His children and our responsibility to help. James 1:27 says "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." Christie and George live this out every day in their village.

My goal is to go and visit them someday. I'm actually hoping that "someday" will be summer of 2013 ;) But for now I press on and try to make a difference here, because anyone who looks around knows the hurt is everywhere.

I encourage you to read Christie's blog, Compass in My Heart, about their work in Bombo, Uganda (their amazing love story is thrown in as a bonus) and maybe you'll be inspired to help them, too. And if you donate at least $5 before Sunday August 14th you'll be entered to win a necklace beautifully designed for Ekubo Ministries.

But be careful, you too might find the compass in your heart, and your life will never be the same :)

1 comment:

  1. Well......I just finished reading her blog (yep, spent all afternoon, took a break, and finished not 3 minutes ago) and fell in love with her and George, and all the children. Shared with a friend that within the past month Africa has been mentioned to me 4 times... 1) segera mission, 2) the refugee camp, (both.of these in Kenya), 3) Kissesftomkatie mission in Uganda, and most recently, ekubo. So I finish Christies blog, realize there's a lot more of her story on Facebook, so I go to fb to make her my friend, and what do I see but your post here! Hmmm, something is brewing, and maybe ill be making that trip with ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete