SOULY HIS

Souly His is where my heart is. It is about me, and my journey to discover where He wants me to be. Here I will share devotions that touch me, ideas that inspire me, studies that enlighten me, and everything else between here and there...where ever there is. I hope you enjoy the journey with me.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am blessed!

This past week I have been gifted with a round trip ticket to Virginia Beach to see my daughter and her family, a pair of Brooks Running shoes won at an expo while in VA Beach, and dinner with 6 very special people at an amazing Italian restaurant. I am blessed!

However, when I think about the blessings of this past week, it makes me stop and think about Gods blessings and how they relate to my Christian walk. I thank God continually for His everyday blessings. An amazing husband, a beautiful family, a job I love, a church family second to none, and the list goes on. But in all of the blessing received this week I thought about what I would do if I didn’t have all of this temporal goodness in my life. Would I still be praising Him in the storm?

James 1:12 reads “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”
Now there is the ultimate blessing! The rest of this is just fluff. Enjoyable fluff, yes, but still fluff.

So while I am incredibly grateful for all of the blessings in my life, and the additional gifts bestowed this week, I am also thankful that no matter what, if I remain faithful, I am promised the blessing of an eternal life with Jesus.

It doesn’t get any better than that!


1 comment: